Physical therapy is an effective treatment for a wide range of musculoskeletal and neurological disorders, but is often underutilized in favor of medications or surgery. Physical Therapy addresses not only the symptoms, but more importantly the cause of dysfunction in the body.
Therapy Specializes in:
· Sports and Orthopedic Rehab
· Auto Accident Rehabilitation
· Stroke and Neuro Rehab
· Vestibular Rehab
Treatment begins with a detailed examination and analysis of your specific condition. Your therapist will then develop a plan of care tailored to your individual needs and goals.
Envision is committed to quality care. All therapy sessions are provided in a one-on-one environment. Treatment sessions may include one or more of the following interventions:
• Therapeutic Exercise addresses muscle weakness or imbalance, as well as improving endurance, posture, and flexibility.
• Therapeutic Activity incorporates balance and coordination with functional activities.
• Manual Therapy techniques including myofascial release, joint mobilization, and spinal manipulation restore normal range of motion, improve alignment, and increase tissue mobility.
• Modalities such as traction, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation decrease pain and muscle spasm.
• Neuromuscular Re-education involves the retraining muscles and/or movement patterns.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT:
Dress comfortably as the therapist will be assessing how your body moves. MRI or X-ray reports related to your injury/condition are helpful and can be obtained from your physician prior to your initial visit. Notify our staff if you are scheduling an initial examination following a surgical procedure so that we may request any relevant post-operative requirements PRIOR to your first appointment. A physician referral is not required to begin Physical Therapy.